Rod, Reel, & Fist
A downloadable game
A village stricken by tragedy. A group of plucky young fishers. An ancient region, reclaimed by nature, and the wish-granting fish that waits at the heart of it.
Welcome to Rod, Reel, & Fist.
- A Tabletop Fishing RPG?! Possibly the first of its kind, Rod, Reel, & Fist is a tabletop fishing adventure roleplaying game. Players take on the roles of heroic fishers trying to save their village by making a truly legendary catch.
- Everyone Can Play: Rod, Reel, & Fist is suitable for all ages, and its dice system makes all failures into temporary setbacks. At the same time, it's built to scale up and provide a challenge for seasoned gamers, and it comes with a host of alternate settings that reflavor the game as a space opera, cyberpunk adventure, or a martial arts odyssey.
- Simple But Deep: Catch fish and ward off hostile animals using a "rock, paper, scissors, dice" combat system that relies on clever resource management, reading your opponent, weighing risk versus reward, and knowing when to step back and let your teammates help.
- Build Your World: Easy-to-follow rules help you to design your own setting---either by yourself or collaboratively with your friends.
- Endless Adventure: The book comes with six scenarios, including an introductory sandbox, a tournament, a fishing journey, a timeloop, and a tower defense minigame where the players protect their town against hundreds of eels. Also included is the roguelike Legacy Mode, which expands the game by adding an evolving adventuring region to which the players must return multiple times in order to fully conquer it.
- Beach Episode Compatible: Splice Rod, Reel, & Fist into your current campaign for a light-hearted sidequest or a hot-blooded mini tournament arc.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $13 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you'd like to check out the game but it's not in your budget, please grab a community copy at no cost.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.